In a cute medieval town in Germany, there is a dark and haunted cemetery. The cemetery in Bernkastel-Kues is said to be haunted by a woman in white. And this particular woman in white is also said to be deadly dangerous.
The city of Bernkastel-Kues is a quaint little town in the Moselle valley known for its sweet Riesling wine, a state recognized health resort and a medieval marketplace. But just outside the city, where the graves and the dead reside, a Woman in White is said to haunt the place.
There are more stories about haunted cemeteries to dive into in the Moonmausoleum. Read them here: Haunted Cemeteries
The Lady In White
At Bernkastel-Kues Cemetery there are several stories floating around. The biggest one is of the White Lady og Bernkastel-Kues, a Lady in White that is often told about in German ghost stories.
The woman in white of this cemetery is said to be wearing a long flowy white dress as she is floating from one grave to another. Many reports tell about her crying.
The Haunted Hunter
One story involving the Lady in White was when a hunter encountered her, possibly at Bernkastel-Kues Cemetery. He was terrified of seeing her and fell ill. The very next day he was taken to Koblenz, which was a military hospital.
When he was put into the hospital he had swollen legs and a high fever, but he didn’t make any sense to the people around him. He kept on rambling about a woman in white that had attacked him. He died after his injuries, and no one ever found out what really happened there.
More like this
- The Tragic Tale of Miklabæjar-Solveig
- The Myths and Legends of Frankenstein Castle
- The Dark and Haunted Towers of Zvíkov Castle
- Deadly Immortality in Telford Gardens
- The Mystic Realm at Sai Kung
- The Bizarre Story of the Highgate Cemetery Vampire
- The Drummer of Tedworth
- The Actress Lola Membrives Haunting Madrid’s Teatro Lara
- The Ghost Suicide at the Yau Ma Tei Station
- The Exorcisms at the Haunted Murray House
- The Many Ghosts of The Langham Hotel in London
- The Haunted Dungeon at Rosenkrantz Tower