Beeford, East Yorkshire in England doesn’t sound like the most haunted place on earth. With the red bricked houses it looks like a movie set for Midsummer Murders. Never changing, dormant. Truth is, this place has been there even before England came to be. Mention in the Domesday Book, it has been there for a thousand years. Perhaps it will last a thousand more?
Causing Accidents and Deaths
On a stretch of road between Beeford and Brandenburton, a ghost of a lady has been seen. She is also called the Running Lady as she is seen running across the Beeford Straight toward the North Frodingham junction.
Tales of her causing accidents have been told over the years. One details the curse she has supposedly put on this place made a car crash into a three, killing six people. There is also an anecdote about a motorcyclist picking up a female on the stretch on that road, only to find her gone when he turned around after a few miles.
What’s the Truth?
This ghost story falls right into the White Lady legend from Europe. Considering that Beeford is such a small place there would be more documented that six people actually died in a carcrash around that area. But as per now, we have found no such proof.
And the description of her is so vague and non existing that it’s hard
More like this
- 28th of December – The Original Friday 13th
- Christmas Re-union by Andrew Caldecott
- ‘Wholesome’ X-Mas Movies – Have a Happy Horror Christmas
- Between the Lights by E.F Benson
- The Haunting of The House of Hohenzollern
- Cursed Books and Manuscripts
- A Strange Christmas Game by Charlotte Riddell
- The Dark Christmas Episodes From TV-Series
- The Kit-Bag by Algernon Blackwood
- The Hauntings of the Chute de la Dame Blanche
- Occult Podcasts to Recommend
- The Figure in the Carpet by Henry James