Beeford, East Yorkshire in England doesn’t sound like the most haunted place on earth. With the red bricked houses it looks like a movie set for Midsummer Murders. Never changing, dormant. Truth is, this place has been there even before England came to be. Mention in the Domesday Book, it has been there for a thousand years. Perhaps it will last a thousand more?
Causing Accidents and Deaths
On a stretch of road between Beeford and Brandenburton, a ghost of a lady has been seen. She is also called the Running Lady as she is seen running across the Beeford Straight toward the North Frodingham junction.
Tales of her causing accidents have been told over the years. One details the curse she has supposedly put on this place made a car crash into a three, killing six people. There is also an anecdote about a motorcyclist picking up a female on the stretch on that road, only to find her gone when he turned around after a few miles.
What’s the Truth?
This ghost story falls right into the White Lady legend from Europe. Considering that Beeford is such a small place there would be more documented that six people actually died in a carcrash around that area. But as per now, we have found no such proof.
And the description of her is so vague and non existing that it’s hard
More like this
- The Figure in the Carpet by Henry James
- Horror Books to Look Forward to in the Winter
- The Vampyre by John William Polidori
- Lady of the Lake in Rochester
- Horror Podcasts to Recommend
- The Haunting of The Blue Lady at Verdala Palace
- GREEN TEA by Sheridan Le Fanu
- Botan Dōrō – Tales of the Peony Lantern
- Horror Movies Based on Books Part 2
- Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- Loftus Hall – Ireland’s most haunted
- Strange Event in the Life of Schalken the Painter by Sheridan Le Fanu